Sunday, August 15, 2004

So Florida just went through a huge hurricane named Charley. How do they come up with these names anyway? I actually know they represent letters of the alphabet like Bonnie, Charley, Donna and Earl. Earl is off of Barbados and might Charley's footsteps.

Where we are just got the outer bands of the storm. Just winds around 35 mph and light rain. Very disappointing. I mean don't get me wrong, I feel lucky that my family was spared. Orlando got smashed. My father and brother are now in hotel outside of my city because they will not have power for a week.

My sister was planning on going to a little resort on Captiva Island near Sanibel, Florida for her tenth year anniversary. Of course, Captiva got the eye wall and was completely flattened with 145 mph winds. So she is probably sol.

On other notes, I am really down these past few days. The weight is really getting to me and Summer and I are arguing alot. Admittedly, most of them are my fault. I am in a bad place right now. I feel helpless. I can't lose weight and I can't get out and get deeds like I did. All this adds up to one thing....Prozac. Yep I haven't taken any meds since we got here. And I am really feeling it big time. I don't think it is a side effect or withdrawal I am just going back into my nightmare of depression that I have been fighting for most of adolescence and adult life. This past year was the best year of my life and honestly, the meds really helped. So we are going to apply for Medicaid to get some help.

No comments: